When I read that Marilyn Monroe quote it rang in my head like a million bells going off. I have never been a normal gal because being normal is not being noticed.
- Just imagine, if Marilyn would have been so concerned about her weight, would we know her for the iconic dress blowing up in the air?
- If she played the normal role, would we have seen her face in the movies?
- If she remained a normal gal, would she have sung that sultry “Happy Birthday” to the then president, John F. Kennedy?
Okay, you get my point. Normal does not always get the success that you think you deserve, but sometimes thinking outside the box get you the well-deserved attention you want and need to seal the deal to success.
Let’s start with the normal idea of dress in the corporate office. It is expected that women wear a white blouse and a navy blue or black suit if she wants to be taken seriously amongst men. I say that the best way to be ignored is to think and dresses like the norm.
Here are a few tips that I have for impressing your potential clients or employers and leaving a lasting impression when you walk into the boardroom.
- Throw away the concept that you can only wear a white blouse in the office. Opt for polka dots and florals to add a little pizzazz to your look.
- If you like wearing a white blouse but want to add a little color in your look, choose to but color in your shoes or in your bag. Wearing colors like pink, yellow and red can be very pleasant to the eye. These colors will make people look and pay attention.
- Interesting accessories can be fun. Opt for clever label pins, stylish rings, or a great strand of pearls.
Remember that no matter how you choose to be stylish, you must never be too distracting. Be comfortable and confident and what you wear and you will make a lasting impression.
Do these fashion tips help? Are you in need of fashion advice? Shoot me an email.